Cookie: is a small text file stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer by http://acton-finishing.co.uk, when you visit certain parts of our site or when you use certain features of our site.
Cookie Law: relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
Information About Us: http://acton-finishing.co.uk is operated by ActOn Finishing Ltd., a private limited company registered in UK, registered company number 4566548.
Our registered address is 213 Torrington Avenue, Tile Hill, Coventry, CV4 9HN, United Kingdom
Our appointed data protection officer is: Shaila Gulati
Telephone number: +44(0) 24 7646 6914
Our postal address is: 213 Torrington Avenue, Tile Hill, Coventry, CV4 9HN, United Kingdom
According to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679), also known as GDPR, personal data is “any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier”. In other terms personal data refers to the information that identifies you such as identification numbers, electronic location information and other online identifiers.
What information do we collect?
From the perspective of the General Data Protection Regulation, and depending upon your use of http://acton-finishing.co.uk we may collect and process only this personal data:
- Name and surname
- Date of birth or age
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Mobile number
- Business name
- Job title
- Orders and payment information
- IP address
- Web browser and mobile browser used
- Operation system used
- Information regarding you preferences, interests and opinions
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on http://acton-finishing.co.uk and the site you exit to
The way we use your personal data
Your personal data is collected and processed by ActOn Finishing. This information may also be collected and processed by other entities designated by ActOn Finishing to process the data on its behalf. However, ActOn Finishing remains your personal data carrier. Thus, it is possible to transmit data to public authorities or external consultants. However, we will always ensure that we provide adequate safeguards for data protection, such as contractual terms of confidentiality and data protection. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679), ActOn Finishing must always have a lawful basis in order to use the personal data. The reasons we use your personal data are:
- The data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you
- Due to the consent given by you to ActOn Finishing to use your personal data
- Because it is ActOn Finishing’s legitimate business interest to use it.
Your personal data may be used by ActOn Finishing for:
- Supplying services and products to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Supplying you with the information you require as per your enquiries and quotation requests
- Communication with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Personalising and updating http://acton-finishing.co.uk for you.
- Supplying you with information by email and post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by calling us/emailing/clicking on unsubscribe link on communications we send)
- Analysing your use of http://acton-finishing.co.uk and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our website and your user experience.
- Notifying you of relevant events from ActOn Finishing
- For marketing purposes (with your permission and/ or where permitted by law). ActOn Finishing my contact you by email, phone and/ or post with information, news, offers regarding ActOn products and services. You will not receive spam or unlawful marketing materials. We always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Please take in consideration that we may use automated systems to collect and process data for the purpose of certain kinds of profiling. If you would like to query any action that we take on the basis of this, the GDPR gives you the right to do so. Please contact us to find out more information.
How long will this personal data be kept?
We will keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary and for the reason for which it has been collected. Hence your data will be kept until:
- You unsubscribe from our contact list. You can unsubscribe by sending us an email where you request to unsubscribe.
- In the event of a business subscriber retiring and no longer wishing to receive updates from ActOn Finishing
- In the event of a business subscriber leaving the business and no longer wishing to receive updates from ActOn Finishing
Where is, the personal data stored?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Is my personal data shared?
We will only share your personal data in the following situations:
- If we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- We may share your personal data with our other branches and agents for the purpose of informing you about relevant marketing you may be interested, inviting you to events, for the purpose of business contracts between you and ActOn Finishing and to ensure contact is not duplicated within the group.
- ActOn Finishing may sometimes contract third parties to supply certain services. These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
In this case, if your personal data is required by third party, we will ensure that your personal information is handled safely, in accordance with your rights and obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law. We will also make sure that if the personal information is transferred outside of EEA, this will be as handled safely as in the UK and under the GDPR.
Updating your information
If you would like to update the personal data you have provided ActOn Finishing, you can do so by emailing us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless the data is required to comply with legal obligations, the transfer of personal data is voluntary. Please be aware that refusing to provide it (such as your name, surname, and address) and give ActOn the consent will prevent you from placing an order.
What are my rights?
Below you can find all your rights as stated under GDPR:
- The right to be informed – you can request further information about how ActOn Finishing processes your personal data
- The right to rectification – you can update your personal data if this is incorrect
- The right to erasure – you are entitled ask ActOn Finishing to delete your personal data if the processing was not legal, you don’t want ActOn to keep your data or in any other cases provided under GDPR
- The right to restrict the processing – you are entitled to oppose to data processing as stated under GDPR
- The right to object – you can oppose to data processing that is based on our legitimate interest
- The right to data portability – you may receive, under certain conditions, the personal data you have provided to us, in a format that can be read automatically, or you may require that the personal data be transmitted to another operator
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling – you can ask for and get the human intervention for processing the data or you can express your own point of view on this kind of processing.
- The right of access – you have the right to receive your personal data stored by ActOn, in a format that can be read automatically
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Each cookie contains a unique reference number only (no personal information) which is used to confirm you are authorised to adjust/update your details.
All Cookies used by and on our website, are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your device, you will be shown an option (usually at the top of the browser) requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies. However certain features of http://acton-finishing.co.uk may not function fully or as intended when denying the consent of Cookies. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first-party Cookies and block third-party Cookies.
To understand how people use our site, and to discover areas on our site with issues, we use Google Analytics. Most websites use some sort of analytics program like this. The data it collects helps us see things like how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how fast our site loaded, and so on. All data collected is completely anonymous, it does not identify you as an individual in any way.
WordPress is the Content Management System (CMS) that runs this website. It uses a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so for most people it is not set at all. User data is all anonymous.
Sharing tools in the form of Facebook and Twitter share buttons feature on this site, these third-party websites may set a cookie if you are logged in to their service. Please refer to the Facebook and Twitter cookie policies.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 2 years.
For more comprehensive information on what cookies are and how they affect you please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How do I contact you for further information?
The appointed data protection officer for ActOn Finishing is Shaila Gulati. For any of your enquiries related to data protection please contact our data protection officer:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: +44(0) 24 7646 6914
Postal address is: 213 Torrington Avenue, Tile Hill, Coventry, CV4 9HN, United Kingdom